Monday, May 26, 2008

My Big Toe Hurts After I Got A Pedicure

- BITTER SWEET SWEAT

This work was published by the Fondo de Cultura Economica in Mexico in 1985 and has been considered an important reference in Latin American photography in recent years. a photographer Miguel Rio Branco Magnum and " Bitter Sweet Sweat" was his first book, also published: NAKT, Silent Book and the Douleur Plaisir

........... ...

" What is revealed, however, in the pictures of Rio Branco, Brazil is another, that of the interior, from the depths of the country where sunshine, generous, it spreads, but power to illuminate a dark environment for centuries, sad, hopeless, where he lives - or vegetable? - a people known abandoned by God and the rulers . "
(www.letraslibres.com)

.............. ............

"For me art is to first have a say from the inside and that has nothing to do with the description of reality, reality being just the material that the camera captures. To this question I must say that I focus on the images you want to show and not necessarily where I want to see. I think images that, when interacting with others in specific buildings, make sense, create rhythms and bring emotions to the surface. "
" I was never aware of the great names in photography until 1974 when they were like 6 years to use the photo as my principal means. I lived in New York from 70 to 72 and never saw a photo exhibit, I moved between artists and movie people, so my influences came definitely from painting and film (...) the frame came from the camera and film as the failure to cut the box in the enlarger and the fact the lack of vertical shots. "


"From the beginning I have always related painting with photography. The drawing was found in the collage. The photograph was found with the film. The music and poetry. The poetry assembly. All these meetings are part of many junctions in the path of understanding and expressing myself in relation to the world "

" My photographic style is basically a non-linear style that relies heavily on the construction of images , the links created poetic images and not with a linear aspect of framing and use of light and color. "

" When I see my color now, does not seem very colorful, lots of pictures were monochrome with some red and some blue times, never the full rainbow. Something that emerges is that there is a dramatic use of color and that is closely related to my background as a painter "


" My work has little connection with the skin, because it is the surface that we connected with this world, both in pleasure and in pain. She is a dialogue between outside and inside, a separation while a connection "

................ ....

here book

www.bookfinder.com/dir/i/Miguel_Rio_Branco/0893818011/

here about the photographer: www.magnumphotos.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment